Communication is essential during a stressful time.
It turns out that I was in the dark and no one communicated with me that I was not alone in providing financially for my daughter’s funeral arrangements. I must retract that her father was not in a financial position to contribute. This confusion was due to the fact that I was never notified on behalf of him. Additionally, the mortuary made the error of not logging the payment in their database properly. My sister had to do some questioning and it was later discovered, over two weeks later, that the paper file did not match the computer file. A small error caused a mountain of frustration for both parties. During the grieving process the last thing anyone wants to dispute over is money. This could have been avoided if I was contacted by some party of the payment. Written communication is best and probing mortuaries to do more research to help solve the inconsistency is necessary.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment